Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Rain is falling on my head

The second day I didn't believe my eyes. It was raining cats and dogs! I thought it would never rain in that part of the world (at least not in summer) but I was completely wrong.


The whole day I thought it would just be a short shower until it got night and I was cold and very wet. At that point I realized that it wasn't just a short shower but a rainy day in Istanbul.

Anyway I managed to see the Blue Mosque (there are many smaller mosques that are much nicer!)

and Aya Sofia which is also a bit overrated. Though it's interesting to have a former church and a mosque in one building.

I almost forgot to mention, I also visited Instanbul's Grand Bazaar which has not so much of an Bazaar as I would imagine it. It's a big souvenier market. Of course you can find some nice things but it feels very un-authentic!


The night life in Istanbul is completely crazy! The streets are stuffed with people, everywhere are bars, restaurants, discos. Every day of the week.

Now that I read that post again I feel there's a bit of a neative vibe. That's how strong rain can influence your mood (no wonder when you're wet and cold).

No comments: