Thursday, July 17, 2008

Hamam

The third day in Istanbul I was very tired from all the sightseeing. I thought I have to see as many things s possible in minimum time and was just running around the city without any breaks until I just couldn't take any more.
So I went to a Hamam - a Turkish bath and that was really nice! In the beginning I felt a bit lost because I didn't know how it works there but they kind of take you on the hand and show you (these tourists really don't know anything...)

This is the main room in the Hamam. Really nic
e, everything is made of marble.

And that's the best part - it starts with some kind of peeling and then washing and massage at the end. All performed by a fat sweating Turk. Sweat :-)

And that's how they dress you up at the end. Almost looks like a bedouin
 

No comments: