Monday, July 14, 2008

Turkey, Istanbul

Finally it's holiday and I take the plane to Istanbul/Turkey.
The flight via Paris went very well - was the softest touch down of a plane I ever experienced. Air France becomes more and more my favorite airline. The food they serve is just unbeatable!
Arrived at Istanbul around 00:00 and thought it's better to spend the night at the airport. That was not the best night I had in Turkey (but maybe also not the worst).

The first day I was lucky to meet two Turkish guys from Sweden and a Turkish guy who lived in Germany and works for an Austrian company. That was really a good start for the trip. They showed me (and the two Swedish guys) a bit around and told me what to look out for etc. Felt very nice!

But now some pictures of the first day:

On the boat tour I met the guys. Here the Bosporus bridge that connects the European and Asian part of Istanbul

Of course we had to take a picture of the Swedish guys in front of the Swedish consulate.

1 comment:

Anna, Andreas, Helene, Josef, Anton said...

Obviosly my first comment didn´t get trough. However, here is my second try: good to know you back!!!

Had to think of our trip to Sarajevo.

Hope to hear more.

Greetings,
Andreas