Friday, September 04, 2009

Iceland - day1

I managed to get a week off for a trip to Iceland. While other people fly to a place where it's nice and warm my friends and I decided to do a trip to where it's cold, wet and windy.

It all started quite stressful. The day before my flight I got tonsillitis and had to take antibiotics. I was not sure if I should go at all. But I did and that was good!

The flight was already amazing. Such a great view. If you ever fly to Iceland try to get a window seat on the right side of the plane (if you come from Europe).
I was sitting on the left side though, so I didn't see much :-)

The first night we spend couch-surfing with a very nice Icelandic guy. He had 9 couch-surfers in is small apartment for the night. That was cosy.

But before we went to bed we had to explore the legendary nightlife of Reykjavik.
First of all - if there is not much going on on the streets and bars only some sad girls sitting in the streets - you are to early!
The party does not starts before midnight.

But when it starts it's really wild! You'll find real vikings, girls in super-hero dresses shooting you with laser guns, guy who drop their pants to show what they got (I didn't upload that picture)...
Reykjavik nightlife is great!

No comments: