Monday, October 09, 2006

Gas station hamna

I liked the night in the tent but Lovisa was getting sick from the rain so she was freeting the whole night but as on our trip to Kili she didn't complain about anything. So we continued to cross the biggest plateau of Norway - still don't know the name. It was raining, snow was lying around and we were both freezing. And we run out of fuel. There are no gas stations on that plateau. I have a reserve tank on my bike that lasts for about 30km but how long does it last fully loaded and with two people on the bike insted of one? I was a bit worried because I really wanted to get out of that cold glacier land down to sea level. As soon as the road was going down a bit I let the bike run idle and we made it. 60 or even 70km with the reserve tank!
The night we stayed in a hut in Seim. The picture shows me completly wet but happy because down in the valley we stopped for the night. Here you find a webcam from that place.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is the name of the plateau Hardangervidda? Very nice updates on the Norway trip, by the way:)

Flo Flo said...

right, that's it!