Saturday, March 25, 2006

Little Tanzania

I am flabergasted! Found little Tanzania or better little Dar Es Salaam in Cape Town. I was looking for a hairdresser in the streets of Cape town and found only closed doors - no wonder it was Saturday 17:00. So while I was searching for a place a guy came up to me and asked if I needed some Ganja, Weed or Marijuana. He could organize everything for me. Well, somehow we talked about my time in Africa and he told me he was from Dar Es Salaam - somewhere around Moroko (that's on the road between Mwenge and Posta right?). After almost a month I could do the nice mambo poa, habari game again. It was so nice talking to him but it came even better: first he showed me a hairdresser that was opened and cheap and the best thing was that is was run by Tanzanians. Man they were looking when I started talking Swahili. Not joking the one guy stopped cutting hair and and was just staring at me and couldn't believe that a white guy in South Africa could speak Swaheli. By the way, how do you like my new haircut? Comments are welcome.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

U look almost as good as u did when I cut ur hair, hehe

Flo Flo said...

That's true, Tonje is a world class barber! Actually I was hoping to find a "Tonje's coiffeur - Paris, London, Milano" to go to.