Saturday, September 09, 2006

countries in the north

It's been a while since I wrote something in here because of the Ars Electronica festival where I had to work day and night for a month without one day off. But now I'm super rich and have time again to write funny things about the world and adventures on it.
But before I start with the new stuff I will tell you what happened on my trip to Germany, Sweden and Norway:
The first day started with a long ride on my loved bike via Prag through Czech Republic to Berlin. That is the shortest way but everyone I talked to said I should take the route through Germany because the streets are much better and because the police would be so corrupt. When they stop you, you always have to pay a fee for speeding, even if you were not to fast - especially when you are from wealthy countries like Germany and Austria. And the next story people tell about the police there is that they have manipulated machines for alcohol tests so you always have some alkohol in your blood - alowed is only 0.0 per mille.

Anyway I decided to take the risky tour driving really careful and I made it to the boarder to Germany without beeing robbed from the police - maybe they are not so bad as people say here in Austria...
But what was really bad was the prostitution at the boarder to Germany. For about 10km prostitutes were waving at the traffic and offering themselves to the wealthy Germans. I think I even saw young girls there who definetively were younger than 18.

The next hours on the Autobahn in Germany showed me how fast cars can go. It was a race to Berlin. Without speenlimits everybody thought he's Michael Schumacher in his red Ferrari and my bike felt like a moped.

At around 6 pm I reached Berlin. It was completely abandoned. Nobody there. Hm - everyone at home watching TV (football worldcup time)? But when I came closer to the city center I knew what happened. Everybody was there celebrating the victory of Germany 3:0 against I don't remember who. It was crazy like the carneval in Brasil. Really cool! Hope when the Euro cup comes to Austria we will win at least one game to make parties like that.

After 12 hours on my bike I reached Lene's flat where I stayed the next three days. When I arrived she had to work so she left the key under the door mat and I just took a shower and changed because at 8 I was watching Sweden - England at the Aididas Arena together with Claudia, Lovisa and Oliver.
It was nice to meet them again! Lovisa with the Swedish flag painted on her cheek and dressed in yellow and blue.
Cool game - 2:2.
Now pictures

No comments: