Saturday, September 30, 2006

It's Norje time


After a great week in Sweden I was on the way to Norway where I wanted to meet Christopher in Oslo but he was in Roskilde at the great music festival. So I stayed a night close to Oslo in Ski in my tent. I can tell you, the mosquitos in Tanzania were nice pets compared to those monsters in Ski!
After a painful night with thousands of knots, broms and stuff I was moving on to Trondheim. Driving through the most breathtaking landscape ever. Relly, I know mountains from home but what I saw there was really cool because it's so much bigger and wider than in Austria. Also I didn't expect to pass glaciers here and again I was freezing on my bike.

When I reached Trondheim Tonje tried to describe me the way to her pub. Unfortunately she doesn't know the difference between left and right :-) But I found it. What a nice little bar - I even found it in my Rough Guide: Friendly, intimate old coaching inn with a warren of homely dining rooms and a small courtyard. The reasonably priced menu features home-cooked staples, including the renowned bacalao and a super cheesecake.
After a hot shower and a delicious fishsoup I was ready for party with Tonje and a friend of her whose name I forgot - sorry for that.
Was a poa fucking kabisa night - but watch out for the beerprice 8€ for a cheap one in really crazy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mambo vipi Flo? Are you still in Norway? I hope you went west a bit also - some fantastic roads for motorbikes in the western parts of Norway :-)

Flo Flo said...

Hej Kris, nice to hear from you! All of what I write here happened in July. I was just too lazy to post it earlier.
I haven't been really to the west coast but I was driving around beautiful Garangner Fjord, Jostedalsbreen and that area. So nice to go there by bike but cold!!!